GEP National and European Award
All the teams participating in the Company Programme this year qualified for the National Global Enterprise Award, which was an award given at national level for mini-companies that fulfilled the following criteria:
- Strong mini-company performance - The mini-company showed that it could be profitable and competitive, bring benefits to shareholders and secure long-term growth and job security.
- Globalisation - The team showed understanding of the global business environment (the opportunities and challenges globalisation poses to their business) and their product/ service was scalable on a global market.
- International Cooperation - The team had an excellent understanding of international trade and presented how they took advantage of any kind of cooperation.
- Teamwork - This criterion assessed the way in which the team worked together and the way in which the product was presented by the team.
All teams selected as the National recipients of the Global Enterprise Award moved to a second stage, the European selection, where they had to prepare their concept paper and presentation video for a European Jury panel.
European Jury Panel in 2014:
- Repsol: Maria Isabel Fernandez Alba, Director of International Organizations and European Affairs at Repsol,
- Elisabeth Eude, Director of Alcatel-Lucent Foundation
- Rudi Broos, Innovation Director for Bell Labs Belgium, Alcatel-Lucent
- SAP: Reza Solhi, Corporate Social Responsibility EMEA, SAP
- Siemens: Thomas Leubner, Chief Learning Officer Siemens AG
- Erik Van Den Bos, HR Director Paper Division at Smurfit Kappa Group
- Julio Calvo Bodan, Divisional HR Coordinator, Paper Division Europe, Smurfit Kappa Group
- Steven Stoffer, Group Vice President at Smurfit Kappa Group