Request for Proposals - Change Management Services - DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL 15 DECEMBER 2021
JA is the largest non-profit in Europe dedicated to preparing young people for employment and entrepreneurship. JA Europe is a member of JA Worldwide which for 100 years has delivered hands on, experiential learning in entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy. Last school year, the JA network in Europe reached almost 4 million young people across 40 countries with the support of nearly 100,000 business volunteers and over 140,000 teachers/educators.
In 2021, JA Europe undertook a refresh of the current strategy that commits JA Europe to two major objectives, each of which implies significant change within the organization:
- Orchestrate by pivoting towards an ‘innovation hub’ role, driving and facilitating innovation between members in the network
- Create Economic Opportunities by developing tangible links and evidence between JA Learning Experiences and employment opportunities
Following that, JA Europe launched together with JA Greece, JA Netherlands, JA Romania and JA Spain, the Economic Opportunities for All Initiative and contracted a scope research that provided an external context analysis within the change scope as well as an internal assessment of the capacity and readiness for change.
Scope of Work
JA Europe is seeking to engage the services of one professional services organization with significant expertise and experience in change management to assist in the attainment of the following objectives:
- Successful implementation of the organizational, and technological changes outlined in the strategy refresh and assessment outlined above.
- Significant and lasting improvement in the JA Europe’s internal capacity for change management, innovation, and continuous improvement.
1. A revised change management plan1 developed in close collaboration with the CEO and leadership team. This should include, at minimum:
- A definition and articulation of the need(s) for change – i.e. the “change message.”
- A leadership development plan to improve the JA Europe’s internal change management capabilities.
- An internal communications development plan to improve JA Europe’s internal communications capabilities.
- A change management program – composed of specific actions JA Europe can implement to mitigate the disruptive effects of major changes already underway and planned for the near future.
Proposers may recommend additional elements for inclusion in the change management plan.
2. A change management toolkit (drawn from point 1.) that JA Member organisations can use to develop their own change management plans.
3. Direct support for change management over a 6-month period. This support should include, at minimum:
- Ongoing coaching and development at the leadership level.
- Preparation and facilitation of sessions as called for by the change management plan.
Because this element of the scope of work is somewhat fluid, proposers are asked to bid their hourly rates and to provide illustrative estimates of time required for their proposed approach. JA Europe reserves the right to evaluate the comparative proposed cost of this element by applying its own estimates of hours required.
The activities should start on 1 December 2021 and finalised by 30 June 2022.
- Potential Consultant Interviews November 18-22, 2021
- Contract Execution December 1, 2021
- Deliverable #1 and #2 Complete January 1, 2022
- Deliverable #3 (Ongoing) December 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
Elements of the proposal
- A submission must, at a minimum, include the following elements:
- A brief description of the history and organization of the bidder’s firm.
- A description of at least three (3) similar projects completed by the bidder within the past three (3) years. Include personal references with contact information for each.
- Qualifications, background and experience of the staff proposed to work on the project.
- A general description of the techniques, approaches and methods to be used in completing the project.
- A description of the chronology for completing the work, including a time line and deadlines for each task.
- A detailed cost proposal (maximum 25,000€ excluding VAT) including disaggregation of the LoE of each consultant.
The following criteria will be used in reviewing and comparing the proposals. The weight to be assigned to each criterion appears following each item.
1. Responsiveness of the proposal to the submission requirements set forth in the RFP (10%).
2. The technical ability, capacity, and flexibility of the bidder to perform the contract in a timely manner and on budget, as verified by, e.g., the quality of any demonstration, client references, demonstrated success in projects with similar requirements and any other contracts (50%).
3. The total cost of the proposal solution based on disaggregated level of effort (30%)
Respondents to this request for proposals must submit their proposal no later than 15 November 2021 and should be sent to email@example.com including RFP – Change Management Services in the subject line. In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by JA EUROPE ASBL for recruitment or contractual purposes” so that JA Europe has your written consent to follow up on your application. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
In case more information is needed, please contact Vera Martinho (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Data protection statement
All of the information collected included in the email you will submit are necessary and relevant to the performance of the job/consultancy you applied for. Ja Europe will use the information provided by you in the email, by the referees you have noted, and the educational institutions with whom we may undertake to verify your qualifications with, for recruitment/contractual purposes only. JA Europe will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation. We rely on the lawful basis of Belgium to process the information provided by you by email. Should you be successful in your application/offer, the information provided, and further information which will be gathered at the relevant time, will be subsequently used for the administration of your employment/consulting contract and in relation to any legal challenge which may be made regarding our recruitment/procurement practices.