Request for Proposal ("RFP") - Digital educational campaign to mobilise young Ukrainian refugees in neighbouring countries
JA (www.jaeurope.org) is the largest organisation in Europe dedicated to preparing young people for employment and entrepreneurship. JA Europe is a member of JA Worldwide® which for 100 years has delivered hands on, experiential learning in entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy. JA creates pathways for employability, job creation and financial success. Together we work in 41 countries in Europe, offering 4 million learning experiences every year in core programmes and inspiring millions more through online events and activities.
Goals and scope of the educational campaign
JA Europe and UNICEF, the United Nations Children’s Fund, are launching a new partnership to support young Ukrainian refugees across Europe.
The partnership, called UPLIFT Youth, aims to equip the most vulnerable youth and adolescents who arrived from Ukraine to neighbouring countries, with the skillset and mindset to build thriving communities. The local youths are also part of the project, to foster integration and social cohesion among young people, while also giving them a chance to transition from learning to earning.
14 JA organisations are taking part in the project - Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain and Turkey with the support of Greece, Italy and Ukraine.
By combining their expertise and experience, UNICEF and JA Europe aim to increase youth engagement, participation and resilience, contributing to an improved youth employability, a competitive labour force, sustained economic growth and vibrant civil societies in Europe.
As part of this project, JA Europe and UNICEF want to create and roll out an educational campaign through social media, with the involvement of influencers and ambassadors, for 500,000 youth and adolescents to engage with JA educational programmes and content.
This campaign will support the sourcing of Ukrainian youth and adolescents for the roll-out of programmes at the national and local levels.
JA Europe is therefore looking for the support of an agency to create and roll out the digital educational campaign.
Targets for success
- Reach of 500,000 youth and adolescents from Ukraine and local youth, with an average learning experience of 1 hour;
- Ensure gender balance of youth and adolescents reached;
- Balance geographical spread across countries participating;
- Enrolment into JA education programmes;
- Involvement of global, local and micro influencers and ambassadors.
Scope of work
The agency shall support JA Europe with the following:
- To develop a strategic and operational plan for the digital educational campaign;
- To roll out the digital educational campaign in close cooperation with JA Europe team
- To organise at least two design thinking sessions with:
- The JA members involved in the project
- Young representatives from the JA network and beyond
- To reach out and secure the involvement of selected macro and micro influencers (minimum 30 from global ambassadors like Mila Kunis to local influencers)
- To create relevant content that allows the campaign to meet the objectives of the overall project;
- To develop the campaign content and social media collaterals;
- To conduct social media monitoring and social media listening that feeds into the strategic recommendations and operational roll-out;
- To regularly report on progress, challenges, successes and ways forward;
- To support with ongoing strategic advice.
Timeline of project and budget
The Request for Proposals timeline is as follows:
- Launch of the Request for Proposals: 20 October 2022
- Deadline for questions: 26 October 2022
- Briefing and Q&A call: w. 7 November 2022
- Deadline for proposals submissions: 22 November 2022
- Evaluation of proposals: 23-25 November 2022
- Contract award: 29 November 2022
- Start of the collaboration: 5 December 2022
A submission must, at a minimum, include the following elements:
- A presentation (maximum 20 slides) outlining the agency’s proposed campaign, its strategy to deliver on the above-mentioned objectives, its strengths and distinguishing skills or capabilities as they might relate to this offer, especially at a European level;
- A description of the company including a general overview, names of team members and credentials of the team;
- A list of the 5 most relevant experiences to this offer and a contact reference for at least 3 of them;
- A project timeline;
- A financial proposal.
The successful respondent will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing a successful digital campaign towards young audiences.
- Subject knowledge and experience in working with similar issues across Europe.
- The relevant education, experience, knowledge, skills and qualifications of the organisation as well as individuals who will be assigned to provide these services.
Respondents to this RFP are invited to submit their proposal no later than 22 November 2022. All proposals should be sent to Sophie Norman, Head of Marketing at JA Europe and be clearly marked “RFP – Digital Educational Campaign”.
For further information or questions please contact Sophie Norman (email@example.com).