This key position will report directly to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and support fundraising and business development efforts through proposal writing and reporting. It will provide you a unique opportunity to be part of a global organization while, at the same time, witness the impact of entrepreneurship and work readiness education on the next generation.
• Conduct prospect research;
• Develop and write grant proposals to EU, foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
• Work with the Development and Education team to draft concept papers and proposals;
• Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
• Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
• Ensure prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
• Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
• Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements; and
• Manage projects assigned and report according to donor’s formats.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Master’s degree in Journalism, Literature, International Development/Relations or similar field;
• Fluency in English is a must;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Logical framework development and Project cycle management;
• 5 years of comparable experience overall and 3 years of grant writing experience both for public donors (EU) and private;
• Experience of working in education field;
• Good project management skills;
• Excellent operational, administrative and organizational skills;
• Ability to embrace a dynamic work environment and accustomed to performing under pressure;
• Proactive attitude and high level of personal commitment to duties, timelines and deadlines;
• Ability to embrace remote interactions (e.g. videoconference, phone calls, etc.);
• Specific experience on entrepreneurship education (desirable); and
• Specific experience with JA (desirable).
Location: Europe (remote working).
Contractual arrangements possible as either employee or individual consultant.
Deadline: please send your CV and short motivation letter to email@example.com including "Candidature GRANTMAN" in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Equal employment opportunity
JA Europe is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job.
About Junior Achievement Europe
JA Europe is the largest non-profit in Europe dedicated to preparing young people for employment and entrepreneurship. JA Europe is a member of JA Worldwide, which for 100 years has delivered hands on, experiential learning in entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy. JA creates pathways for employability, job creation and financial success. Last school year, the JA network in Europe reached more than 4 million young people across 40 countries with the support of 140,000 business volunteers and 130,000 teachers/educators.