Senior Business Development Manager
The Senior Business Development Manager plays a key role in leading and growing our annual fundraising goal, especially in terms of new funding from corporations as well as corporate foundations. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team.
JA Europe (www.jaeurope.org) is Europe’s largest provider of entrepreneurship education programmes, reaching 4 million students in 40 countries last academic year. Funded by businesses, institutions, foundations and individuals, JA Europe brings the public and private sectors together to provide young people in primary and secondary schools and early university with experiences that promote the skills, understanding and perspective that they will need to succeed in a global economy.
The responsibilities (non-exhaustive)
- Own and manage a robust portfolio of individual donors by creating and executing strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Lead the prospecting, establishment and development of new partnerships with corporate donors;
- Play a significant role in contributing to JA Europe’s overall fundraising goals and help raise funding for network partners;
- Develop high-impact communications both internally and externally to advance potential partnerships;
- Craft and write compelling proposals for private and public sector and other requests for support;
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with all network partners;
- Develop innovative strategies, campaigns, and programming around donor engagement with JA Worldwide
- Empower and support the JA Network with requests for fundraising and funder assistance;
- Lead on new business opportunities with the private and public sector.
- Identify sources for unrestricted support.
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone;
- Represent JA at seminars, conferences and events where appropriate and useful, especially for networking purposes;
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 7 years of proven fundraising/sales experience;
- At least 5 years of project management experience;
- Experience with corporate giving, philanthropy and marketing strategies highly preferred;
- Eagerness to learn and a willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and do what is needed to get the job done;
- Strong understanding of the moves management process;
- Strong, compelling and persuasive writer;
- Well-honed research techniques;
- Interest in education, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, youth employment, and key trends in international development; ability to adjust positioning based on donor needs;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) with an ability to use at least one other European language;
- Social media savvy;
- Excellent attention to detail in written work;
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Demonstrated poise, tact, integrity, and professionalism;
- Ability to embrace a dynamic work environment and accustomed to performing under pressure;
- Proactive attitude and high level of personal commitment to duties, timelines and deadlines;
- Knowledge of the education sector or JA operations is a plus;
- Previous experience in an NGO is a plus.
Location: Europe. Remote working. Flexible. Contractual arrangements either as employee or individual consultant.
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
Gross Salary: 40.000 to 50.000 Euros based on experience, location and contractual arrangements.
Deadline: rolling basis until filling the position.
Send your CV and short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including "Application Senior Business Development Manager – NAME SURNAME" in the subject line. In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by JA EUROPE ASBL for recruitment or contractual purposes” so that JA Europe has your written consent to follow up on your application. Only selected participants will be contacted.