Evaluation and Learning Manager
The successful candidate is joining the team at an exciting moment. We are pushing forward an ambitious strategy requiring methodological innovation to capture the impact of JA’s unique network on short and long-term system change. We are also building our internal capacity to design and implement evaluation to drive innovation and learning across the network.
We seek pro-active, resilient, and team-oriented individuals who – in addition to developing professional and technical skills – are highly motivated to help us build our team. Individuals who excel in this position have a passion for using data and evidence to drive change, a talent for conceptual and strategic thinking, an ability to learn and implement new methods to answer challenging internal learning questions, and an ability to produce high-quality work in the face of compressed timelines and changing circumstances.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) frameworks for complex strategies and programs, including theories of change (ToCs), results frameworks, learning agendas, and key performance indicators
- Collaborating with colleagues in the team to ensure that performance measurement systems and dashboards are optimized to serve the organization’s monitoring and learning needs
- Analyse qualitative and/or quantitative data and develop high-quality presentations of key findings
- Design, launch and manage research involving third parties. The candidate will coordinate with partners, support research design processes, and managing research implementation (data collection activities, analysis, and reporting).
- Develop monitoring, evaluation and learning capabilities in the team and the JA Network; Facilitating group learning and reflection sessions to discuss the results and implications of evaluations and other learning products
- The candidate will undertake a variety of additional projects as needed to advance our network’s approach to measuring a holistic set of student outcomes and evaluation methods for systems change. The candidate will support literature reviews, external landscaping among other.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Relevant degree in statistics, public policy, economics, or other relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience if candidate has bachelor’s degree. A minimum of 2 year of work experience if candidate has master’s degree
- Strong analytical skills, including knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative analytic research method
- Experience coordinating or supporting evaluation or research projects including support research designs, data collection, sampling methods, and research report writing
- A demonstrated track record of success meeting the strategy, evidence, and learning needs of foundations, corporate philanthropies, nonprofits, and/or bilateral and multilateral donors
- Experience with statistical software and with dashboards visualizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write clear and concise technical memos and documents and accessible stakeholder-facing memos, briefs, and presentation materials
- Fluency in English
- Ability to complete tasks on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative disposition comfortable working in an international setting with individuals from diverse backgrounds and working styles
- Experience creating visual knowledge products and research briefs to share with various stakeholders and audiences
Location: Europe. Remote working. Flexible. Contractual arrangements either as employee or individual consultant.
Supervisor: Director for Impact
Gross Salary: 25.000 to 35.000 Euros based on experience, location and contractual arrangements.
Deadline: rolling basis until filling the position.
The position is to be filled asap. Respondents must submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including "Application Evaluation and Learning Manager – NAME SURNAME." in the subject line. In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by JA EUROPE ASBL for recruitment or contractual purposes” so that JA Europe has your written consent to follow up on your application. Only selected participants will be contacted.
JA Europe (www.jaeurope.org) is Europe’s largest provider of entrepreneurship education programmes, reaching 4 million students in 40 countries last academic year. Funded by businesses, institutions, foundations and individuals, JA Europe brings the public and private sectors together to provide young people in primary and secondary schools and early university with experiences that promote the skills, understanding and perspective that they will need to succeed in a global economy.