The Head of Programs will lead, develop and manage the program team to achieve the aspirations of JA Europe’s Programmatic objectives. He/She will promote effective coordination, technical support and guidance by ensuring a cohesive team spirit and motivation to perform. He/she manages and ensures appropriate mobilization, prioritization, and allocation of resources to different projects. The Heads of programs is responsible together with the program team to foster and quality relationship with the JA Network organisations to successfully deliver JA Europe’s program strategy.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Deliverables:
- Effectively manage the Program Manager’s Team and provide leadership to achieve its mandated targets in accordance to annual operational plans;
- Ensure an empowering work environment and team building;
- In collaboration with program staff, ensure evidence-based program design and implementation is in accordance, with innovative approaches that incorporate project management standards and MEL methods;
- Ensure learning are documented by the programme team in the most effective way demonstrating value for money;
- Ensure close monitoring and quality implementation of the programs’ works in the field to ensure alignment and contribution to European strategy, monitor flow of information and systemic documentation of quantitative and qualitative achievements in the field and lessons learned thereof;
- Ensure quality and timely submission of projects’ Performance Reports as per desired standards and guidelines;
- Represent the organization in various programme-related knowledge sharing and learning forums, document and share feedback with the team.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A Master University degree;
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in a program management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO;
- Experience in working with network organizations;
- Experience in design and implementation of education and/or workforce development programs;
- Staff management experience and competencies that are conducive to fostering an open learning environment; Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience and abilities in capacity strengthening and facilitating trainings.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Strong relationship management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in applying tailored approaches to each relationship;
- Highly experienced with presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience of writing for different audiences and purposes and presenting information clearly;
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented;
- Project Management certification is a plus;
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
- Supervisor: Chief Impact Officer
- Location: Europe (remote)
- Contractual arrangement: Employee or individual consultant
- Availability: Immediate
- Estimated remuneration: 55.000 to 60.000 Euros based on experience
- Deadline to apply: 20 May 2023
Respondents must submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including “Head of Programs – NAME SURNAME.” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please copy in: "I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by JA Europe ASBL for recruitment or contractual purposes" so that JA Europe has your written consent to follow up on your application. Only selected participants will be contacted.
JA Europe is Europe’s largest provider of entrepreneurship education programmes, reaching 4 million students in 40 countries last academic year. Funded by businesses, institutions, foundations and individuals, JA Europe brings the public and private sectors together to provide young people in primary and secondary schools and early university with experiences that promote the skills, understanding and perspective that they will need to succeed in a global economy.