Date of publication: 01 February 2024
The Business Development Manager will support JA Europe’s Development Team whose function is to raise money for JA Europe and the network of 42 Junior Achievement (JA) organisations. Historically, fundraising at JA has been focusing on corporations. JA is in the process of working to develop and expand its funding base.
The Business Development Manager plays a key role in leading and growing our annual fundraising goal, especially in terms of new funding from corporations as well as corporate foundations. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven and international team.
Title: Business Development Manager
Type of Contract: Employment or Consulting
Location: Flexible within Europe
Yearly gross salary: 30,000 - 32,000 EUR depending on the type of contract
Deadline: Rolling basis until the position is filled
Start Date: As soon as possible
The position is to be filled asap. Respondents must submit their resume to email@example.com including “Application New Business Development Manager – NAME SURNAME” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please copy in: "I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by JA Europe AISBL for recruitment or contractual purposes" so that JA Europe has your written consent to follow up on your application. Only selected participants will be contacted.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Deliverables
- Own and manage a broad portfolio of individual donors by creating and executing strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Lead the prospecting, establishment and development of new partnerships with corporate donors;
- Play a significant role in contributing to JA Europe’s overall fundraising goals and help raise funding for network partners;
- Develop high-impact communications both internally and externally to advance potential partnerships;
- Craft and write compelling proposals for private and public sector and other requests for support;
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with all network partners;
- Empower and support the JA Network with requests for fundraising and funder assistance;
- Lead on new business opportunities with the private and public sector;
- Identify sources for unrestricted support;
- Organise and lead regular touch points with customers/clients face-to-face or online;
- Represent JA at seminars, conferences and events where appropriate and useful, especially for networking purposes.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 5 years of proven fundraising/sales experience;
- Experience in donor relations, account management, or customer/client services, preferably in a non-profit or fundraising environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and trust with diverse stakeholders, including donors, team members, partners and supporters;
- Proven track record of managing donor relationships and meeting fundraising targets, with a focus on donor retention and loyalty;
- Ability to effectively communicate the organisation's mission, values, and impact to donors and funding partners;
- Experience with donor management software or CRM systems for tracking interactions, managing workflows, and analysing donor data.
- Eagerness to learn and a willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and do what is needed to get the job done;
- Strong, compelling and persuasive writer;
- Well-honed research techniques;
- Interest in education, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, youth employment, and key trends in international development;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) with an ability to use at least one other European language;
- Excellent attention to detail in written work;
- Knowledge of the education sector or JA operations is a plus;
- Previous experience in an NGO is a plus.