Discover Europe’s 35 most entrepreneurial schools!07 April 2022
JA Europe is pleased to announce names of schools selected for The Entrepreneurial School (TES) Awards 2022, as a recognition for their vision and excellence in implementing entrepreneurship education programmes.
Two of the nominated vocational schools will also compete in the European Commission’s Awards for VET Excellence during the 2022 European Vocational Skills Week, an annual event when local, regional and national organisations showcase the very best of vocational education and training (VET). The names of the top two VET schools competing for the European Award for VET Excellence will be announced on 25 April followed by online voting!
The TES Awards is an annual recognition led by Junior Achievement (JA) Europe that aims at providing a supportive and motivational framework to guide schools, headmasters and teachers from across the continent in their entrepreneurial learning initiatives. The JA Europe TES Awards category encourages vocational and academic schools to put more emphasis on teaching entrepreneurial skills as a way to better prepare young people for the jobs of tomorrow.
Winners of The Entrepreneurial School Awards 2022
- Austria - LFS Hollabrunn
- Belgium Flemish- OLVC Zottegem
- Belgium Flemish - Heilig Graf Turnhout
- Bulgaria - High school of Economics and Business “Georgi Stoykov Rakovski”
- Bulgaria - LS ‘’Prof. Dr. Assen Zlatarov’’
- Czech Republic - Stredni skola technicka a dopravni Gustava Habrmana Ceska Trebova
- Estonia - Põlva Gümnaasium
- Finland- South Kymenlaakso Vocational College EKAMI
- Finland - Mankola Comprehensive School
- Georgia - LEPL Batumi N16 Public School
- Germany - Michelsenschule Hildesheim
- Greece - Aristotelio College of Thessaloniki
- Greece - Laboratory of Special Vocational Education of Agios Dimitrios
- Italy - Istituto Aldo Capitini
- Latvia - Vocational Education Competence Centre “Riga State Technical School”
- Latvia - Madona State Gymnasium
- Lithuania - Siauliai Juliaus Janonio Gymnasium
- North Macedonia - SOEPTU "Kuzman Josifovski - Pitu"
- Norway - Kuben Upper Secondary School
- Portugal - Escola Profissional Gustave Eiffel
- Republica Moldova - Colegiul Național de Comerț al ASEM (CNC al ASEM)
- Romania - JACQUES M. ELIAS“ TECHNOLOGY HIGH SCHOOL
- Romania - Liceul Teoretic Alexandru Ioan Cuza
- Slovakia - Gymnazium Dubnica nad Vahom
- Slovakia - Business Academy, Levice
- Spain - EE.PP. SAGRADA FAMILIA - FUND. PEÑAFLOR (SAFA -ÉCIJA)
- Spain SEK-Ciudalcampo International School
- Sweden - Thoren Business School Örebro
- Sweden- Carlslunds utbildningscentrum
- Switzerland - Scuola cantonale di commercio
- Switzerland- Brillantmont International School
- Turkey - Düzce Mevlana Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School
- Turkey - Kanuni Anatolian High School
- UK - St. Martin’s Comprehensive School
- UK - Currie Community High School
Votes are now open for the top two VET schools running JA programmes competing under the European Vocational Skills Week 2022! Please vote either for The Laboratory of Special Vocational Education of Agios Dimitrios (Greece) or The Vocational Education Competence Centre Riga State Technical School (Latvia) and let the best “JA school” win!
Vote your favourite here!
About JA Europe
JA Europe is the largest organisation in Europe dedicated to preparing young people for employment and entrepreneurship. JA Europe is a member of JA Worldwide® which for 100 years has delivered hands on, experiential learning in entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy. JA creates pathways for employability, job creation and financial success. Together we work in 41 countries in Europe, offering 4 million learning experiences every year in core programmes and inspiring millions more through online events and activities.
About the European Vocational Skills Week
The European Vocational Skills Week is an annual Week celebrating all the very best practices in Vocational Education and Training (VET), welcoming events by local, regional, national organisations - and other VET partners. Launched in 2016, the European Commission initiative brings all stakeholders – teachers, organisations, students, and trainers - together under one umbrella to showcase the many benefits VET offers young people and adults alike. With an eye to the future skillsets that will be required and the other on the realities of the current labour market, VET aims to equip everyone with the necessary quality skills to unleash their true potential.
This year, the Week will be held 16-20 May across Europe and centre on the theme of VET and the Green Transition. The theme is in line with the European Commission’s commitment to taking all the necessary steps to become carbon neutral by 2050, known as the European Green DealSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••, including equipping people with the appropriate skills for the transition. Events organised by the European Commission will be held on 18-19 May 2022 – including the flagship VET Excellence Awards (18 May).