Euronext Blue Innovation Award8 June 2021 Location: Online event
Euronext is supporting the Blue Innovation Award as part of its mission to enhance blue education and improve the environmental sustainability of the communities in which it operates that are closely related to the ocean. This year, the award will give student companies from Belgium, France, Ireland, Norway, Portugal, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom the chance to join an international competition, and to develop and present innovative business ideas related to the Blue Economy during the 2020/21 academic year.
On 8 June 2021, six teams will be invited to present their work remotely in front of a jury composed by Euronext executives, public figures and authorities. The winning team will be announced at the end of the event that will be held online, coinciding with World Oceans Day.
In order to stand out from the rest, the winning of the winning team will have to demonstrate their skills on:
- Problem solving, properly presenting the issue that their product or service is aiming to solve and explaining the solution in detail;
- Innovation, showing how the product or service is an innovative idea in the field of the blue economy;
- Business model, including core aspects (mission, processes, costs and pricing, target market / costumers, marketing structure, organizational structure, etc.);
- Demo solution or prototype of the business idea, if possible; and
- Financial literacy: the teams will have to demonstrate their understanding of basic financial concepts.